In this week’s show we go all the way back to the very beginning, before what many think of as the beginning. We go back to what God was doing before creation. What He was doing in the Eternals.
1. The Fall – everything is viewed through the lens of redemption.
2. Man’s creation and commission – everything is viewed through the lens of being fruitful and multiplying.
3. God creating – everything is viewed through the lens of God’s work as creator/architect.
4. God before creation – everything is viewed through the lens of God outside of time and creation.
- John 17 – The Father loved the Son before the foundation of the world. The Father was glorifying the Son before the foundation of the world.
- Matthew 11:27 – the Father was knowing the Son before the foundation of the world.
- Luke 3:22 – The Son was the Father’s divinely loved one. The Father was pleased with the Son.
- Luke 9:35 – The Father’s Chosen One appointed to be the Father’s voice.
- 1 Peter 1:20 – The Son was known by the Father before the foundation of the world.
- Revelation 13:8 – The Son was loving the Father by yielding to the Father as a lamb does to the slaughter and giving all of Himself for the Father.
- John 1:1-2 – The Son was in communion with the Father. The Son was the thoughts, message, and actions of the Father.
- Romans 8:29-30 – The Son was being the righteousness of the Father. He was being the pattern, rule of thumb, and mold by which all things would be conformed to.
- John 3:16 – He was being the one-of-a-kind Son with the same life, essence, and divinity of the Father.
- Ephesians 1:4-5,11 – The Son was being the holy and blameless One. He was being the complete Son and sole heir. He was being the Father’s inheritance.
- John 4:23 – All the Father and Son were being and doing before the foundation of creation was in the Spirit.
- John 6:63 – The Spirit was being the essence and nature of the Father and the Son.
- John 14:26 – The Spirit was speaking of and beholding the Son.
- John 15:26 – The Spirit was bearing witness of the Son.
Some other Resources:
The Ultimate Intention by Devern Fromke
The Community Life of God by Milt Rodriguez
From Eternity to Here by Frank Viola
So, have you ever really thought about what God was doing before creation? How does this “very beginning” change things for you?