Christ is reigning as King on the throne at the right hand of his Father right now! He has already been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
Isaiah 45:6: That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other…
Ephesians 1:19-22: These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
Matthew 28:18: All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Why Does This Matter to the Church (if Christ is the functional Head)?
- The church gains/expresses her ability/power to bring the Kingdom of God to earth, to manifest the Eternal Purpose when Christ is the functional Head/Authority.
- With Christ as the functional Head, believers meeting together are more than just people hanging out. We can accomplish anything according to His intentions with Him leading it. Anything we do or say or think will essentially be for His benefit since He is Lord of that group of people in a real, functional sense.
- We experience the fullness of Christ. Christ’s authority in the church is expressed through every member. When all members function or participate we know and manifest His fullness.
- She comes into her true identity.
How does the church look when the Lord Jesus Christ is the functional Lord of all:
She exercises the keys of the Kingdom: Matthew 16:17-19, 24-25.
- Deny self
- Take up our cross
- Lose our (soul) life
She functions as the Priesthood.
- Offering oneself as a daily sacrifice. Giving each moment and day to the Lord
- Being Holy and blameless people according to Christ together and as individual members of the body
- As we dwell in the Light we give off His light together and as individual members of the body
- Consume Christ as our daily Spiritual sustenance together and as individual members of the body
- Prayer, in its many forms, together and as individual members of the body
- Face to Face fellowship in Christ, and for Christ
- Experience and display resurrection life
- Live according to the Law of the Spirit of life in Him/Law of Love
She seeks the mind of the Lord in all things.
- Learning/Relearning what is of the Spirit.
- Making decisions by consensus.
- Waiting until all are in agreement.
- No one person has the full mind of Christ, finding the full mind of Christ within the many members.
More to come…(we didn’t get to everything.)